|Quality Trophy ARACO 2014|
OCTAGON was general contractor for building B within the office complex Hermes Business Campus, located on 5-7 Dimitrie Pompeiu Blvd. in Bucharest. The company delivered the works in June 2014. The complex which has been BREEAM certified with excellent grade for structure is the first investment of the Belgian group Atenor in Romania and will be built in several stages and will eventually cover 78,000 sqm.
Building B, the first one built within the complex, has a total area of 37,000 sqm and 4 basements + ground floor + eight floors+ technical floor.
The works began at the end of 2010, when OCTAGON won the infrastructure contract for the four underground levels. The geotechnical works performed by the company were the following:
• Diaphragm walls D 800 mm, h = 24,75 m; area = 7.600 sqm;
• Crown beam 0.65 m X 1,00 m- 297 m;
• Foundation piles D 1,500 mm and D 1,000 mm, h = 25,85 m;
• Test pilot;
• Manufacturing and installation of metal profiles for slab support;
• Manufacturing and installation of metal column heads for the support of slabs for the 3rd and 4th underground levels;
• Design and execution of dewatering system;
• General excavation to quota 13.72 (60,000 cubic meters).
• Construction in top- down system of two reinforced concrete slabs, covering 3,950 sqm each, for the underground levels 3 and 4;
• Construction of foundation raft 1.4 m, height – 6.261 cubic meters.
|Hermes Business Campus- building B|
The geotechnical works were delivered in October 2011.
In 2012 OCTAGON was contracted by Alpine Bau- the general contractor of the building back then, to perform the concrete reinforcement works for the superstructure.
In 2013 OCTAGON took over the general construction contract from the Austrian company and added a new work package to the contracted works, consisting in the execution of:
• Superstructure: ground floor, levels 1-8 and technical floor;
• Architecture works: walls, ceilings, floors, interior finishes, masonry and facade.
• Electrical installations;
• Sanitary installations;
The company is currently performing the superstructure works on the second building- C, after delivering the special foundation works on the same building.
|Hermes Business Campus- building C|